Coordinator: Evelyne Jardin
Mentors: Barbara Filler (CEO of CCH consulting), Marcelline Bangali (INETOP, Paris, France), Patrice Denèfle (IPSEN), Evelyne Jardin (Careers Consultant, course coordinator)
Organization: dates to be announced.
Credits: 16h Course proposed for validation by the CFDIP
Details of the program:
1. Professional outlook
Motivations and skills assessment. Barbara Filler, CEO of CCH consulting (2h)
- How to define my professional outlook : my history, my values, my goals et my beliefs
- How to inventory my skills
- Discover skills employers want and my job market
Guidance for a personal careers and motivation assessemnt. Marcelline Bangali & Evelyne Jardin (1h)
- Introduction to the proposed method and questionnaire elaborated by Marcelline Bangali, psychologist specialized in PhDs careers and Evelyne Jardin.
How to find a "good" postdoc ? Evelyne Jardin (2h)
- Review of experiences, post-doc through the world and differences, simulations of post-doc search, etc..
Personal coaching (12 students max, priority to 3rd year FdV students)
- Individual face to face meetings (3*1h30) with Evelyne Jardin on career path, with diagnostic and accompainment on CVs, cover letters, networking practices and job search strategy. Requires having completed in depth the assessment of the questionnaire above.
2. Tools for career preparation
CV & Networking Barbara Filler (2*2h)
- Write a good CV, Advices on CV, cover letter and interview
- How to build my professional network : learn about career options and expand my network, ask open-ended questions, ask for referrals...
- Debriefing on CVs and cover letters written by the students
Business cards and networking Evelyne Jardin (1h)
- Prepare your business card workshop
- Good usage and impact business cards
e-Networking Patrice Denefle (2h)
- Best practices on Internet networking in life sciences field.
Scientific blogging Evelyne Jardin (1h)
- Blogs as powerful communication tools for career preparation
- What is a « good » blog ?